The Oktober Festivities Last all the Way to October in Brooklyn
German-born Hager has worked with the international importers at Liquid Projects to debut more than 60 German beers at Brauhaus Schmitz, bringing them to the US for the first time. This year, Hager is teaming with Liquid Projects to take his successful annual Armory Oktoberfest in Philadelphia to the underserved German beer lovers of Brooklyn.
Last year, Brauhaus Schmitz served 2,000 pounds of sausage and 300 kegs of beer. Nearly 5,000 people walked through the doors of their festive autumn German wonderland. The Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse in Brooklyn, will host five sessions, each open to as many as 1,000 revelers. Guests will enjoy rare and limited imported German beers from the Reinheits Boten, plus traditional German food from chef-author Jeremy Nolen. Live musical performances will be given from world-class acts, including: Alex Meixner Band, The Heimatklange Band and The Bratwurst Boys. Bavarian blue and white décor, will transform the lively warehouse into a true German festival tent.
Last December, Brooklyn-based Liquid Projects debuted the Reinheits Boten – a group of five trend-setting German craft breweries, including: Distelhäuser, Zoller-Hof, Friedenfelser Brauerei, Riedenburger Brauhaus and Himburgs Braukunst Keller – for the first time in the United States. Using a ground-breaking new approach to importing beer, owner and founder Lars Dahlhaus successfully unified five iconic German breweries as one family, where each member of the Reinheits Boten has retained their own identity as an independent craft brewery. These award-winning breweries will pour exclusively during all five sessions of Brooklyn Oktoberfest.
Brooklyn Oktoberfest will kick off at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 20, with five sessions available at the Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse (73 West St Brooklyn, NY, 11222)
· Fri 10/20 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
· Sat 10/21 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
· Sun 10/22 12 noon – 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Enjoy Up To 25% off with the "Eventum" Promo Code. Three tickets will be available;
· General Admission ($40 per person) – includes entry, and a first liter of beer; food is available on a pay-as-you-go basis, and includes table service. GA does not guarantee a seat.
· Reserved Seating ($45 per person) – includes entry, a first liter of beer, plus reserved seating (sold in blocks of four or eight seats). Food is available on a pay-as-you-go basis.
· VIP ($100 per person) – available to groups of four to eight – includes reserved seating, table service, private restrooms, and two generous platters of food for the table, portioned appropriately to the size of the party:
o Brotzeit appetizer, a selection of meats, cheeses, radishes, bread, pretzels and accompaniments
o Wurstplatte entree, with pork chops, sausages, sauerkraut and potato salad
See you there!